What is the ELDAC Care Model?
The ELDAC Care Model is a guide to help aged care staff and health professionals meet the needs of older Australians coming to the end of their life. It reflects national policies and practices in palliative care.
Each of the ELDAC toolkits has information and resources relating to the elements of the ELDAC Care Model.
How can I use the ELDAC Care Model?
The ELDAC Care Model can help you determine:
- whether a person is approaching the end of their life
- how to plan and deliver care for a person
- how a person’s care needs might change over time
- what resources would be useful for you in providing care
- whether you have education or learning needs.